Saturday, November 19, 2016

VINTAGE JOURNAL

Hello my friends,
Wishing you a very warm welcome
Today I'm sharing with you a work in progress
An album using the "Vintage Journal" papers 
it will be a memory book of my maternal grandparents
Herbert (Bert) Moncrief & Lillian Mary Gedye.

The base of my book is made with a cardboard box, 
which works out perfectly as the spine is already creased. 
I trimmed it down to 13.5 x19.5cm

to cover I crumpled brown paper & glued down with Gel Medium 
on both sides.

 I then wiped stazon over emphasizing the edges & spine 
using distress ink I smeared the pad over & lightly spritzed with water

when totally dry I painted over with gel medium 
the cover now has a look of aged worn leather
I haven't as yet decided upon a finish for my cover, 
it will be held together with a piece of leather with a clasp or buckle .
making the hinges
 which are adhered together the adhered centrally to the inside spine
single pages are then adhered to the flaps
all patterned papers are distressed & inked
 inside cover
 face page
page 1 .. my grandpa

 page 2 .. my grandma ..

pages 4& 5 with a kraft envelope insert

.reverse side of the envelope

photos stored in the envelope  .. the family photo was circa 1952
my mum is on the R front & aunty on the left celebrates her 90 birthday this month.

 pages 6& 7 .. my mum (Margaret Frances ( Peggy)) is the little one seated on the floor


pages 8 & 9
all pages now are covered & ready for pics as I find them

 page 8 flip out

pages 10 & 11
with another envelope
envelope insert

pages 12 & 13

pages 14 & 15
 page 15 flip out
 
 back page & inside cover
I am looking forward to finishing this so my family 
has a knowledge of their heritage  
these papers are just perfect for this kind of project

Happy Scrapping
Hugz Annette x

1 comment: